Friday, October 07, 2005

Wild Flowers of Upstate New York

These pictures were taken in Summer 2005 around the town of Salina, New York. Everything you see here was growing wild, depending for life and sustenance upon the bounties of nature, and the kindness and kind encouragement of friends and strangers. I don't know the names of most of these flowers of course. If anyone knows please tell me.


I don't know why a flower would evolve to look like this. But I'm glad it did.










This is not one flower, but many. In fact, it is part of a field of flowers, which I have photographed in situ. Also, the picture is sideways.


This is a daisy. The daisy is a very common flower, but this particular daisy is very rare, and in fact only found in a single field in Salina, New York. I won't tell you where. If you look very closely, you can see a creature on the daisy.


Queen Anne's lace. Look at the incredible patterns. Are they pentagons or hexagons?


Land Anemone. This is actually a kind of fish.


I don't know what this is. I'm not even sure it is a flower.




I don't know the name of this flower. But to me it looks a little too sophisticated to be a genuinely wild flower. I suspect it may be a poser, or a runaway. They do that sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home